Dieting is essentially a numbers game. You must burn more calories than you consume. But, it's not just a numbers game. There are definitely some foods for weight loss that can help you shed the pounds easier and faster and without feeling as hungry.
On any diet, it's important to limit the foods that cause us to put on weight really easily. These include foods with sugar and foods made from white flour. The simple carbohydrates in both of these tend to cause blood sugar spikes which turn more of the calories we eat into fat.
So, if you want to lose weight, get regular exercise and stay away from those simple carbs. Along with that, make sure that your diet is rich in these foods for weight loss that can help you shed pounds and feel full.
A List of 5 Effective Weight Loss Foods
1. Lean Proteins- Choose from pork, chicken, turkey, beef and eggs. When you replace some of the carbohydrates in your diet with lean protein, you can burn up to five percent more calories each day.
Protein also helps you feel full longer, because it takes longer to digest. And, protein is the building block of muscle. This means you need this protein to help make your weight loss workouts more effective.
2. Whole grain cereals - Whole grains are a great choice for ensuring that you get enough fiber in your diet. Fiber is good for your heart and is one of the foods for weight loss because it keeps you feeling full.
Just be sure to choose whole grains that have little or no sugar. Oatmeal is a great choice.
3. Olive oil - Fat is essential to helping our bodies function properly, but fat is high in calories, so it needs to be eaten in moderation. And, we need to choose our fats wisely.
Olive oil is a good fat because it contains no cholesterol or saturated fat. It raises your good cholesterol levels and helps your body burn fat.
4. Vegetables - Vegetables are full of fiber, so they help fill you up. They are also really low in calories, so you can feel satisfied on just a few calories.
That's why they are some of the best foods for weight loss around. Aim to eat vegetables at every meal. Try putting some peppers, spinach or broccoli in your morning omelet.
5. Salmon and Tuna - Oily fish contain Omega 3 fatty acids, which help prevent heart disease. They are also a great source of lean protein, and are low in calories.
But, there's another reason oily fish are a good food for weight loss. They reduce the amount of the hormone leptin in your body. In research, lower levels of leptin have been associated with burning more calories in a day.
If you can stick with a diet that avoids sugary food, and increase the amount of these foods for weight loss in your diet, you're sure to be on your way to a skinnier pair of jeans.